The Nauta® Cyclomix is a revolutionary high-speed, intensive paddle mixer and agglomerator that has been specially designed for cohesive powders with liquids or melt binders. It also handles pastes, slurries and liquids with varying characteristics with ease due to its combination of high-shear and high-impact forces.
This mixer offers a high level of homogeneity in the end product, such as frequently demanded by the food, chemical, plastic, toner, mineral, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries.
- High intensity mixing and agglomeration of cohesive powders
- Excellent temperature control
- Coating, heating, rounding & bonding applications
- Seals above product zone
- Available in sizes ranging from 100 ml to 2,000 liters
The mixing vessel is conical shaped and has a central rotor which rotates at a speed up to 30 m/s. The speed of the rotor creates centrifugal forces that push the product to the vessel wall where the shape of the vessel causes an upward movement. The cover guides the product towards the centre of the mixer and at the top, an impact blade efficiently disperses cohesive powders and liquids.
A high degree of liquid dispersion and agglomerate size homogeneity can be achieved in the Nauta® Cyclomix with ultra-short processing times. It creates a high-shear field along the wall which leads to rapid build-up of agglomerates and the impact blade controls the maximum agglomerate size.
This intensive mixing process close to the wall allows effective heat transfer between the heat-controlled jacketed wall and the product. This allows optimal temperature control of the product and very accurate agglomeration with melt binders as well as rapid drying of wet agglomerates.
The Nauta® Cyclomix is a multi-purpose, high-shear impact mixer that is suitable for a variety of applications. It combines different processes in one single machine and is the ideal choice for intensive thermal processing of high energy input; high degree of dispersion and homogeneity and ultra-short cycle times.
- Intensive mixing of cohesive powders, slurries and liquids
- Agglomeration by temperature or moisture addition
- Coating of powders with powders or liquids
- Dispersion of pigments
- Metallic bonding processing of powder paints
- (Vacuum) drying at low temperature with liquid recovery
- Low-speed mixing of cohesive powders, slurries and liquids
- Densification of powders
- Spheronization of particles
- Grinding & de-agglomeration
- Heating and cooling
- Chemical reactions
- Cellulose and celluloid
- Chemical Salts
- Color Mixtures
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Dental Compounds
- Homeopathic products
- Metallic Compounds
- Rare earths (magnetic raw materials)
- Mixing Plastics
- Dry Powder Inhalation (DPI)