Vitalair Downflow Booths
Vitalair Downflow Booths protect operators from harmful dust and vapors generated during material handling processes by drawing contaminated air downwards, away from the breathing zone. These systems can achieve operator exposure levels (OEL) typically between 10 to 100 ?g/m3 or better. The fully customized booths provide safer working environments for operators during material handling, transferring, sampling and loading processes.
Features / Benefits
- Interlocked high performance fan and lighting circuits
- Dedicated electrical panel for booth
- Alarm system fitted as standard
- Manufactured to AMP and FDA standards
- Internal service access behind flush fitting rear wall covers
- Fully automatic dust-burden compensation system built-in
NEW DEVELOPMENTS FOR HIGH CONTAINMENT
By combining clean air technology and barrier screen protection between the operator and the source of dust particles, our Downflow Booths are capable of achieving OELs as low as <1µg/m3, which is consistent with more robust, fully enclosed containment methods.
5D Articulated Containment Screens offer a range of movements, side to side; forward and backward; raise and lower; controlled tilt function; controlled rotation to give operators ease of movement with minimal restriction. Optional materials of screen construction include rigid and flexible transparent materials.
Hosokawa Vitalair Downflow Booths offer a safe working zone for operatives; delivering protection from harmful, hazardous, toxic or sensitizing dusts generated and handled during manual powder handling activities including sampling, dispensing and charging and offloading sub-division from powders or solvents, drum loading and un-loading. Processing or packing equipment can also be integrated within the ergonomic design.
Using HEPA filtered air to push dust or vapors down and away from the operators breathing zone, creating a clean processing zone minimizing cross contamination risk from other produces/processes. Downflow Booths offer a safe and more user friendly alternative to the wearing of restrictive PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and allow a wide range of process operations to be carried out without the need for PPE.
Hosokawa Micron Ltd can offer a range of standard and bespoke Downflow Booth options to suit individual requirements both operator protection and product protection, processing activities to be undertaken and environmental and energy issues.
Depending upon the application, two main design alternatives exist:
- Re-circulatory booths are typically used in dry powder handling operations and achieve a minimum H13 grade 99.995% @ MPPS filtration performance. A conditioned downflow of air passes evenly from the booth’s ceiling inlet plenum pushing any dust downwards and away from the operator’s breathing zone. The air is extracted from the booth via low level exhaust grills and through a series of filters prior to recirculation into the booth’s working area.A small percentage of air is discharged from the booth through high level bleed to maintain the working space under negative pressure, minimizing airborne contamination from leaving the booth.
- Single Pass, Once Through Booths are used in applications where solvent fumes or vapors are anticipated or when high potency products demand a once through philosophy. The single pass booth operates a vertical airflow, pushing dusts and vapors downwards and away from the operator’s breathing zone with air discharged 100% to atmosphere ensuring that solvent laden air will not be recirculated back into the booth.
Although typically used in pharmaceutical, fine chemical, cosmetics and food industries the use of Downflow Booths is now common in metal finishing, sampling and wider industries.