Schugi® Flexomix Agglomeration System
The Schugi® Flexomix Agglomeration System is a combination of two proven Hosokawa technologies: the Flexomix continuous mixer/agglomerator and the Schugi® fluid bed dryer/cooler.This combined design provides optimal process control and makes the Schugi® Flexomix the ultimate powder processing solution.
The Schugi® Flexomix system is controlled using a state-of-the-art integrated control system based on PLC and SCADA systems. It produces instant agglomerates with an open, raspberry-like structure, good solubility and good flow characteristics. The fluid bed dryer is specially designed for this system as a stationary unit without any moving parts, making it perfect for scaling up to almost any size.
- Continuous process
- Compact design in capacities between 50 kg/h and 40 000 kg/h
- Separate operating units for agglomeration and drying/cooling for optimal process control
- Multiple simultaneous liquid addition possible
- Vertical mixer/agglomerator with self-cleaning mixing chamber
- Integrated system approach
The Schugi® Flexomix agglomeration system is a powerful combination of a number of functions:
- Powder handling system
- Powder dosing system
- Binder dosing system(s): water, steam, and other liquids
- Schugi® Flexomix mixer and agglomerator (FX),
- Schugi® Fluid Bed Dryer and Cooler (FBD)
- Air system including blower and heating/cooling equipment
- Air exhaust system including cyclone and filter
- Product classification and size crusher (if necessary)
- State-of-the-art integrated control system
This combination means that base powders can be fed as a mixture or as multiple powders in parallel. An accurate, gravity fed system ensures a constant powder/liquid ratio and a liquid dosing skid ensures accurate flow control and a constant powder/liquid ratio in the agglomerator. This liquid skid can be equipped with a stirrer or a heated tank for example, or in the case of solution binders, a preparation tank.
Powders and liquids can be fed into the unit through top inlet(s) using air atomizers which combine with turbulent air flow inside the mixer’s vertical chamber, mixes powdery and liquid particles intensively and instantaneously.
The Flexomix has been designed to be compact whilst allowing for homogeneous mixing of powders and liquids at capacities of up to 40 000 kg/h. To achieve this, the Flexomix has a flexible mixing chamber and a shaft with pitch-adjustable mixing blades that rotate at high speed. The resulting granulates have a porous, raspberry like structure in particle sizes of 0.1 to 1.2 mm and with a D50 between 300 and 700 micron at low to medium density.
The wet granulates from the Flexomix are then processed in the Schugi® Fluid Bed Dryer which is divided into several compartments. The front end compartments are used for drying; the rear for cooling. Product height in the bed can be altered from between 100 and about 500 mm (average 300 mm), and depending on the application, variable residence times can be achieved by adjusting the bi height.
The Schugi® Flexomix agglomeration system has an air system and air exhaust system including cyclone and filter, as well as a one or two-deck sieve and an oversize crusher for product classification.
- Polyethylene & polypropylene
- Chocolate Crumb
- Potato Starch
- Potato Starch