Nauta® Conical Paddle Mixer
The Nauta Conical Paddle Mixer is the newest generation of Hosokawa powder mixers, developed for low and medium shear batch mixing.
It has been designed for mixing powders, granules and solids with liquids. The conical paddle mixer is a multi-purpose mixer for processes where high accuracy and fast mixing with limited product distortion are important.
The conical paddle mixer is suitable for a wide variety of process applications, including:
- Mixing of fragile powders and ‘instant’ agglomerates
- Mixing of powders with liquids
- Sterilisation and pasteurisation of product batches
- Temperature processing of powders and liquids
- (Vacuum) drying at low temperature with liquid recovery
- Heavy duty and smart design
- Suitable for multiple processes
- Minimum product distortion
- Optimal temperature control
- Energy efficient
- Fast and full discharge
The mixing vessel is conical shaped and equipped with a central paddle rotor. When it rotates, the rotor creates a combination of vertical and axial motion in the vessel. The paddles guide the product gently to the surface of the batch, where it is dispersed and the gravitational pull at the centre of the mixer forces the product back down to create continuous motion throughout the mixing cycle, even at low speed.
The mixing process can be optimised by controlling the mixing energy, which can be achieved by adjusting the rotational speed. The conical paddle mixer has a typical rotor speed of between 1 and 10 m/s.