Polymer Systems PRS Pipe Chipper
Plastic pipe recycling can be one of the hardest applications in the industry. Engineered materials such as HDPE 80 and HDPE 100 being used to make large pipe diameter with wall thicknesses of 3”-4” or more present a great difficulty to recycle. Enormous power requirements are the norm for these applications. PVC pipe can be impact modified and filled with abrasives. Hosokawa Polymer Systems has many options to meet these tough demands, some conventional and reliable, some revolutionary.
Our granulators, shredders and pulverizers are all rugged, heavy duty recycling machines to make your job easier. Imagine being able to recycle a HDPE 100 pipe 48” diameter, DR17, 20’ long without chain saws. Now imagine doing this using a 30 HP machine, at 4000 pounds per hour – impossible, not anymore.
Features & Specifications:
- Efficiently recycle pipes up to 72” in diameter
- Uses 20 HP to 30 HP – low energy requirement
- Automatic feed adjusting rollers maximize shredding rate
- Zero fines generation – perfectly uniform shreddings
- Eliminates manual pre-sizing of pipes for recycling
- Solid wall and corrugated pipes
- Pipe with up to 4? thick walls & up to 30 feet long