Polymer Systems Auger Feed Granulator
Hosokawa Polymer Systems’ highly versatile Auger Feed Granulators can be customized for virtually any under-press or beside the press application.
Clean, Uniform Granulate – The high shear, Double Angle Cut™ slicing action produces clean, uniform granulate from thick, thin, rigid or elastomeric materials. Polymer’s counter-slanted blade configuration is considered the industry’s most efficient and economical granulating system, requiring less energy and producing less fines and noise than other designs.
The vast majority of auger feed granulators are used in automated setups, especially closed loop systems where regrind is immediately remolded. Therefore, Polymer Systems makes its auger feed models very easy to equip for unattended operation.
Features & Specifications:
- Unchokable chamber design
- Clean & Uniform granulate
- Easy to maintain & clean
- Durable construction for long processing cycles
- Automatic evacuation system
- Various auger speed controls
- Special feed hopper designs
- Suitable for hot materials using a water-cooled cutting chamber
- Hardfaced cutting chambers & carbide coated knives available
- Auger-driven part/runner separators for two-plate molds
- Metaltector® metal detection devices
- Zero speed switch to prevent chamber overload
- Pneumatic parts transfer system
- Blower evacuation systems
- Polyethylene & polypropylene
- Polystyrene, polyamide
- Polystyrene, Polymide