Mikro® UMP – Universal Milling System
The Mikro® UMP Universal Milling System is a compact, high speed impact mill capable of coarse granulation or fine size reduction with interchangeable rotor configurations. The UMP is the next step in the evolution of the Mikro Pulverizer® Hammer & Screen Mill by providing the same grind as the classic hammer & screen setup while adding the flexibility of converting to a pin mill for fine size reduction or a rigid rotor for de-agglomeration.
The Mikro® UMP Universal Milling System utilizes the same design and operating principles perfected in the original Mikro Pulverizer® Hammer & Screen Mill. The Mikro® UMP was developed to meet the increased market demand for high performance machines for multiple applications. An interchangeable grinding mechanism for flexible particle size distribution is a key feature to this machine’s design. Multiple feed and collection options further enhance the flexibility of the Mikro® UMP Universal Milling System across food, pharmaceutical and chemical applications.
Design & Features:
- Capable of ultra-fine grinding to D97 = 35 ?m
- Lab & production models available with 1 HP to 40 HP
- Capacity ranges from 5 grams/batch up to 3,000 lbs/hour
- Suitable for pharmaceutical, food & chemical applications
- Energy efficient & economical to operate
- Designed for milling soft to medium-hard materials with a Moh’s hardness of 4 or less
- Fabricated stainless steel construction
- Finishes available to 0.6 micron Ra
- Variable speed rotor drive
- Cantilevered design for easy cleaning & rotor changes
- Maintenance free, sealed for life bearings
- Double lip seals & gas purging between drive & process area
- Compact design & dust free operation
Options & Accessories:
- Gravity or pneumatic conveying discharge available
- Wear protection options include stellite, tungsten carbide and other wear resistant materials
- Cryogenic operation available
Different rotor options available
- High Speed Pin rotor for ultra-fine milling
- Hammer & screen configuration for fine milling
- Low speed knife rotor for coarse granulation
- Variety of feeding options and system configurations
- Isolator installations available for high containment applications
The fabricated grinding chamber is constructed in 316 stainless steel with a high quality 0.6 micron Ra finish. Higher quality finishes are available for specialty applications. The access door is hinged to the grinding chamber and is secured with a tri-clamp connection for easy and quick inspection and cleaning. The bearing housing is a cantilevered design and includes maintenance free, sealed for life bearings. There are double lip seals and a gas purge between the drive and process areas to eliminate material contamination and premature wear to drive components.
Designed, Manufactured and Assembled in the USA
The Mikro® UMP Universal Milling System is an innovative mill, based on the design of a Mikro Pulverizer® Hammer & Screen Mill. It combines the performance and versatility of a hammer & screen mill and a pin mill. It is designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA and comes with our pledge to performance and guaranteed dependability.