Hosokawa Launches Free Online Engineering Calculator
Hosokawa’s process engineers recently developed an online program that allows customers to quickly solve complex operational calculations. The program currently provides solutions for 8 functions for converting and sizing various system components.
- SCFM to ACFM Convertor – Standard air flow versus actual air flow conversion.
- Tip Speed Calculator – Determines the velocity of the impact surface of a hammer at the outer edge of a rotor disk.
- Nozzle Flow Calculator – Used to calculate the amount of air that will pass through the nozzle(s) of a jet mill in SCFM for compressor sizing.
- Belt Drive Sizing – Allows users to determine appropriate belt length, center distance & pulley sizes
- Rotary Airlock Sizing – Helps operators determine the appropriate size of an airlock based on feed rates and capacity.
- Double Flap Valve Spool Sizing – Calculates the amount of material that a flap valve can accommodate.
- Mill Outlet Temperature – Helps operators predict the temperature rise in a milling system.
- Micron to Mesh Convertor – Quick way to convert microns to mesh or mesh to microns.
Anyone can access the Hosokawa Calculator at hmicronpowder.com/calculator . The program is free and can also be downloaded to your computer.