Powdered Sugar Particle Size Analysis with the Mikro Air Jet Sieve
The Mikro Air Jet Sieve MAJSx is a highly accurate and reliable particle size analyzer that is capable of determining the particle sizes of a wide range of dry powder materials. This video shows the MAJSx in action, as it tests the particle sizes of powdered sugar. The steps to analyzing this sugar are as follows:
- Set up the test but going to the “Test” screen and entering all of the information for your test in their corresponding fields.
- Press the button to begin. Then weigh the first screen. In this video, a 200 mesh sieve screen is used. Once the screen weights on the scale and the Air Jet Sieve match press the “Next” button.
- Put your sample onto the sieve screen and weigh the sieve screen with the sample.
- Put your screen, with the sample on top, onto the top of the Air Jet Sieve. Put the lid on top. Then, press “start.” Your jet sieve test is now starting.
- If any material sticks to the top lid of the Air Jet Sieve, you may use the provided hammer to lightly tap the lid to release those particles.
- Once sieving is finished, press the “Next” button and remove the sieve screen, along with the material that is on top. Now weigh this sieve screen.
- Once weighed, accept that weight, and then print and save the results of your test.