Hosokawa Alpine AFG Fluidied Bed Jet Mill
The Alpine AFG Fluidized Bed Opposed Jet Mill is a high-quality impact mill designed to achieve a high level of fineness through the uses of its opposed gas jets. It is capable of fine grinding down to a fineness of D97 = 2 µm. This video demonstrates the process that the material goes through as it is ground by this machine. The process is as follows:
- The feed material is gravity-fed through a screw feeder and air lock into the milling chamber.
- Opposed jets then create high-velocity air streams which carry the material from the fluidized bed and form high-impact collisions at the center of the chamber to mill the product.
- The internal air classifier then separates the fine product from the coarse fraction.
- The coarse fraction falls back into the grinding chamber to be milled again.
- The fine fraction is collected in the dust collector and discharged into product bins.