Air Jet Sieve Test on Detergent
The Mikro Air Jet Sieve MAJSx is a highly accurate and reliable particle size analyzer that is capable of determining the particle sizes of a wide range of dry powder materials. This video shows the MAJSx in action, as it tests the particle sizes of detergent. The steps to analyzing this detergent are as follows:
- Insert the sizes of your testing screens into the screens page. In this video, she is using a 38 micron screen and a 500 micron screen.
- Go to the testing and enter the time you wish to do testing. In this video, she tests for 30 seconds on each screen. You can also change the water pressure at this screen. In this video, the water pressure remains at 12 inches.
- Measure the weight of your sieve screen and ensure that the screen communicates with the air jet sieve so that the number on the scale matches the number on the air jet sieve, and press “next.”
- Add your detergent sample, being sure to spread the sample evenly around the sieve screen.
- Put the screen, now covered with the sample, onto the air jet sieve. Press “next.” Put the lid on top of the air jet sieve.
- Hit “start,” and the air jet sieve will begin sieving your sample.
- Be sure to lightly tap the screen with a hammer throughout the process to make sure that the detergent does not stick to the lid.
- When starting the second sieve screen, repeat steps 3-7.
- Once the test is complete, go to the report page and press “save.”
- Then, if printing via Rosin-Rammler, press “settings.” Enter your Rosin-Rammler values in the window that pops up. Press “done” when completed.
- Finally, hit “print,” and receive your results from your printer. Your air jet sieve test is now complete!