The Mechanofusion system uses strong mechanical energy to induce mechano-chemical reactions between multiple particles creating particles with new characteristics. There are infinite particle combinations possible, fulfilling the needs of particle design, particle processing of high performance materials in a wide range of applications.
Compared to wet particle composing system which have limitations on the materials processed and require drying, the Mechanofusion’s mechanical process is simple and increases the range of combinations that can be processed.
In addition to combining particles with surface fusion, the Mechanofusion can be used for particle surface control and can mix materials to a higher degree than existing powder mixers.
• Production of composed particles, control of particle shape (rounding, flattening), high degree of mixing
• Can be used for numerous combinations of particles
• Wide range of capacities available
• Control of material temperature possible with cooling jacket
• Dry process requires no drying
• Processing in inert gas such as nitrogen and argon is possible
Feed material is charged into a rotor with a fixed press head. The rotation of the rotor causes the powder to be pressed against the rotor wall due to centrifugal force. The powder is carried to the fixed press head by the rotor wall and is subjected to compression and shear forces numerous times. This force produces a particle with new characteristics. Slits in the rotor wall allow material to pass out and to be carried up by the circulation blades back on top of the rotor to be processed again. Particles are composed with a combination of the 3 dimensional circulation and the high-speed high frequency compression and shear forces.
• Composing of particles, surface modification
• Control of particle shape (rounding, flattening)
• Powder fusion